Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Edgy Floral


I'm still a little bit overwhelmed in the nail art front because the 31 day challenge, so I did a lot of swatching lately. But yesterday night I had the urgent need to paint something nice on my nails.
I had my base (ILNP Mountain View - am I the only one who always want to say Mountain Dew? :D) on earlier, so I only had to figure out the pattern. I wanted something floral, but also melancholic and "dark". So I painted something that I wanted to paint quite a while now, a bull skull. There is a lot of pictures on the internet about bull skulls with roses, so that was my main isnpiration.


I had to paint everything with white acrylic paint first, because my base is quite dark. I just painted random flowers and leaves, everything that popped in my mind. I colored the skull with mustard yellow and brown too, so it looks aged, but I should've painted the horns a bit lighter brown, because they're kind of disappearing in the background. I also outlined a little bit with black, but it's not tidy at all, I wanted it to look like kind of vintage. 

I really like how this turned out, and I may or may not gonna submit it for Nail It! magazine's March/April issue.







3 comments:

  1. I like that, it's a really interesting look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should definitely submit it! It's gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm absolutely in love with it!

    ReplyDelete