Monday, September 14, 2015

31DC2015 | Polka dots, Stripes, Animal print, Flowers


Polka dots with foxes, fall stripes, koi fish and peonies...<3



Da11: polka dots
I don't like simple themes like this, because usually I don't have too much idea. But I came across with THIS cute fox pattern, and I knew that I was saved :D I choosed a teal base (Morgan Taylor - Totally A-Tealing) instead of the grey (and I think it was a really good idea, because teal looks gorgeous with orange). The dots are made with China Glaze Passion and a dotting tool, and the foxes are handpainted with acrylic paint.





Day12: stripes
Again...simple themes :/
I wanted to keep it uncomplicated, so I grabbed a few fall colour nail polishes and with a thicker striping brush I made thin and thick lines with the colours. After that I switched for a really thin striping brush and I made the black lines with acrylic paint. Lastly I used a third nail art brush and painted on the small oblique lines.




Day13: animal print
I didn't wanted to paint those mainstream animal patterns, so I went with a koi fish pattern. I used THIS pic as a guideline. I don't know...I'm not a big fan of this manicure, my middle and ring finger are kinda off...:/



Day14: flowers
Now this is a theme that I can really relate to. I love painting florals on my nails, but usually those florals are roses :D But these are actually peonies, so...
Anyways, I used THIS pic as an inspiration. My base was Femme Fatale Cosmetics - Moonlight Statues, but I was a little bit afraid that it will be too much or the colours will be wrong, but actually I LOVE how it turned out. Somehow this pinky-plum-purple base goes really well with this vintage floral pattern.


0 comments:

Post a Comment